Sunday, February 21, 2010

mommy talk

Maybe it's because I have boys and Jon's a boy, so lots of people say "Oh he's a little Jon!" And there's nothing wrong with them being smaller versions of Jon. However, I do get to where I'm wanting a little claim on them too :) I have now had both boys' pictures taken at 18 months in the same outfit Jon wore in an 18 month picture. Carter doesn't look like Jon when you compare the two. He has my face shape, eyes, and hair. Jon was a complete blonde kid, and Carter was a total red-head. Now Graham. Graham does lean much more toward being "a little Jon." I pulled up Jon's 18 month picture to see what it looked like next to Graham's. They definitely look more alike than Jon/Carter, but the eyes are more me. So, yes my boys have some of their daddy's features, but I'm glad that they're obviously mine too...I guess I like that they got a good combo of both of us and get to be themselves, not just a mini Jon or a mini me :)
Jon at 18 months
Carter at 18 months

Graham at 18 months

2 comments:

Laura said...

That's great you still had Jon's outfit for them! It's nice to see that your kids are a nice mix. Chantz is my only kid that even closely resembles me.

Becky said...

Love it Carrie! That is such a cute outfit on all of them. Your little boys are adorable. Graham is getting so big. I agree, they are a nice mix. I look at my children and have no idea where they came from. They must be a nice mix as well. Cute boys!