Sunday, February 21, 2010

white cabinets+toddler=trouble

Carter attacked the walls with Crayon in our last house, and today Jon and I found Graham's pencil work on my new white kitchen cabinets! Thankfully, a magic eraser cleaned it up nicely. If Graham's lucky I'll never catch him in the act, though, because I might not be so laid back about it next time! As for the walls, I chose a very durable, washable flat paint, since I know wall art and handprints are bound to happen!

4 comments:

Nikkie said...

maybe a 'chalk wall' in the boys' bedroom like your mom had in the house on kerry ln??

i know it's frustrating! yay for eraser help.

now the kitchen is officially 'well used.' : )

miss ya!

Laura said...

Magic Erasers are wonderful! I've had to use them on blue marker on a white dresser before. All that white is way too tempting for little kiddos. :)

Carrie said...

nik, I thought about a chalk wall, but then I wondered if Graham would understand yet the difference between that wall and all the others in the house!

Jenna said...

OK, how do you wash flat paint? We have flat paint in our ENTIRE house and it shows any hand print and water drop etc. If I try to wipe it, it just smears. I am having the painter come tomorrow to give me a bid to repaint everything. Do you really have flat paint or is it a semi-flat or something else? I need help, it's driving me crazy!
BTW, LOVE the floors in your painting picture (they look like mine, what did you choose?)