Tuesday, February 23, 2010

painting

Carter loves to paint, and it usually happens at a table in the basement kitchen area. That way Graham plays with toys and doesn't seem interested in what Carter has going on. But, remodel work has pushed us out of the basement, and Carter wanted to paint. This time Graham took notice! He so badly wanted to do what his big brother was doing. So, mommy caved and let Graham test out watercolor. It all started out innocently enough...
Paint on paper, no problems, quiet activity. Carter had some very creative stories to go along with his paintings.
Graham started in on a little body art, and Carter quickly followed suit painting his feet, hands and face. This is all a big no-no. Paint is only to be on the paper!!
My kids are too young to know about Smurfs, but that's what I had on my hands.
It took two baths because the water turned blue with the first go around. Neither seemed to see the problem with what they'd done. In fact, I heard Carter tell one of our contractors, Pete, "Mom's ok with it!" when he saw them painting. I let it all go this time, but I've warned Carter that this will never happen again. Who am I kidding, right?

6 comments:

Mae said...

Thats so cute and funny all at once. I can't leave my kids alone for even a second with the markers, they think it's fun to paint there nails.

Dalton's Mom said...

That is too cute...love the smurf blue! Painting is SO MUCH fun...especially the body painting...Dalton tries that too!

mommy2alex said...

We have great luck finding the paint with water books at Target! No mess and gets Alex's painting urges out!!

3boysmom said...

How funny! Looks like they had a GREAT time! Maybe you could try the paint they make for the tub? Cale loves it and it's easy for me to clean up!

Becky said...

What a good mother you are. I won't let Molly near paint. She would have her hair colored blue in a matter of seconds. Looks like they had fun!

Nikkie said...

i LOVE the blue water :)