Carter went to our new dentist for the first time today, and he did great! I'm so glad because this morning he was saying, "I don't want to go to the dentist. I'm not even going to open my mouth when they tell me to!" I just told him we want to make sure his teeth are healthy, and the dentist needs to peek in his mouth. He proceeded to tell me, "No, Dr. Bock looked in my mouth, so I don't need the dentist." Dr. Bock is his pediatrician and does look in Carter's mouth to see his throat. However, when we arrived I just acted like this is just a normal, regular thing we do, and this wasn't his first dentist visit. He is a great little rule follower for his teachers, Dr. Bock, and other grown-ups, so he did exactly everything they asked of him.
He has always liked the mirror the dentist uses, so he didn't mind her peeking around in there. Then, he picked raspberry flavored polishing gunk for his cleaning. I don't remember getting to choose from such fancy flavors when I was a kid!
All done! No cavities, no tears, no fits!! Yea :) *When we go back in 6 months, Graham will be getting in the chair too! Should be interesting...
1 comment:
What a good boy! THat's awesome that he's a rule-follower, hope he stays that way! :)
Post a Comment